10 Amazing Health Benefits of Morning Walk Suggested by Grill Heat Aid
Daily walking is the best exercise for health. It is a great exercise and it keeps the body away from diseases. As simple and easy may it seem but do you know why and how walking keeps you healthy?
Continue to read this article to know more.
10 Benefits of daily walking
- Walking every day for one hour can help you lose around five to seven kilograms of excess weight. Walking keeps away obesity, high blood pressure, and heart diseases.
- Daily walking decreases the estrogen hormone in women which can decrease the risk of breast cancer after menopause.
- Daily walking maintains the serotonin level which keeps stress and high blood pressure in check. It also decreases the cholesterol by increasing” High-density Lipoprotein”.
- Scientific studies have shown that walking increases the T-cells which slow down the AIDS virus.
- Walking induces increased blood flow and flexibility in the muscles.
- Walking refreshes the mind and body. It increases the body’s defense to fight against the diseases. It increases the secretions of the adrenal gland which relieves the stress.
- Walking induces the movement and friction of joints which forms new joint lubricants and hence restricts joint lock. Walking slows down the degeneration of the bones and fights from Osteoporosis.
- Waking induces the heavy breathing which fills the lungs with oxygen and increases the lung capacity, so it is a good exercise for the lungs.
- Heart patients are advised not to walk straight after the meal because the blood flows towards the digestive system to digest the food. Walking straight after having a meal can stress out the heart.
- You should dress accordingly to the walking. Shoes, clothing, proper walking technique and posture are very important. Always carry a water bottle so that you do not get dehydrated.
Make it part of your routine
- Set out clothing for your walk the night before. Leave your socks and sneakers by the door so you don’t have to look for them in the morning.
- Try to set your alarm for 30 minutes earlier so you can get in at least a 20-minute walk in the morning. Look for a nature trail nearby or just walk around the neighborhood.
- Find a friend or co-worker to walk with in the morning. Chatting and working together can help keep you motivated.
- If you don’t have a lot of time in the morning, consider making walking part of your commute. If you can’t walk all the way to work, try getting off the bus a stop or two early to get a walk in. Or, park farther away from your office so you can walk from your car.
Should you walk before or after breakfast?
- If you walk in the mornings, you may wonder if walking before or after breakfast matters and if it’ll help if you have weight loss goals. Research is mixed on whether or not skipping breakfast will increase your metabolism or help you lose weight faster.
- Some research shows that exercising in the fasting state (before breakfast) helps your body burn more fat. But more studies are needed.
- In the meantime, it depends on your body. If you feel fine taking a walk before eating, or if your stomach feels better if you don’t eat, that’s OK. Or, you may find that you feel better eating a small snack like a banana or a fruit smoothie before heading out on your walk.
- Either way, after you exercise, make sure you eat a healthy breakfast and drink plenty of water.