8 Indispensable Healthy Eating Habits for Adults Suggested by Grill Heat Aid
Eating a healthy, balanced diet is an important part of maintaining good health, and can help you feel your best. It can be simple, too. Just follow these eight tips to get started.
Base your meals on Starchy foods
Starchy foods should make up around 33% of the foods you eat.
Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
It’s recommended that you eat five portions of different types of fruit and veggies a day.
- A glass of 100% unsweetened fruit juice can count as one portion.
- Vegetables cooked into dishes also count.
Eat more fish
- Fish is a good source of protein and contains many vitamins and minerals
- Non-oily fish include haddock, plaice, coley, cod, tinned tuna, stake and hake.
- Oily fish is high in omega-3 fats, which may help to prevent heart disease
- Oily fish include salmon, mackerel, trout, herring fresh tuna, sardines and pilchards.
Cut down on saturated fat and sugar: We all need some fat in our diet. There are two main types of fat:
- Saturated fat is found in many foods: Hard Cheese, Cakes, Biscuits, Sausages, Cream Butter
- Unsaturated fat also found in many foods: Vegetables oils, Oily fish, Avocado.
Eat Less salt. Follow the images and eat less salt.
Get active and be a healthy weight: If you are trying to lose weight, aim to eat less and be more active. Physical activity can help you to maintain weight loss or be a healthy weight.
Don't get thirsty: All non alcoholic drinks count like water, milk, fruit juices count; these are the most healthy.
Don’t Skip Breakfast: A healthy breakfast is an important part of a balanced diet, and provides some of the vitamins and minerals you need for good health.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: #BBQ, #Freshfood, #Freshvegetable, #Grillgloves, #GrillHeatAid, #Healthlyfood, #Healthygood, #Healthytips, #Proteinfood, #Summerseason, #winterbbq