BBQ Chicken Recipe by Grill Heat Aid
If you are craving BBQ Chicken, this recipe is the absolute best! This grilled chicken is full of sweet and smoky flavor and is so juicy and yummy!
Keyword: Barbecue Chicken, BBQ, BBQ Chicken, BBQ Chicken Recipe, BBQ Recipe, Grilled Chicken
Author: Grill Heat Aid (GHA)
- Bone-In Skin-Off Chicken Breasts
- BBQ Rub
- Homemade BBQ Sauce
- HomeRight ElectroLight
- Charcoal Grill
- BBQ Tongs
- Silicone Pastry Brush
- Meat Thermometer
- You will begin by preparing your chicken. I bought bone-in chicken and decided to remove the skin from the chicken before cooking it. My family doesn't eat the skin and I didn't want the yummy flavors to go into the skin that wouldn't get eaten, so I removed that before doing anything else.
- Then I lightly patted my favorite sweet, spicy and smoky BBQ Rub onto all of the chicken breasts.
- I placed a large pile of charcoal in my grill and used my HomeRight ElectroLight to start the coals. It is amazing how fast this is. I don't like the flavor that comes along with using lighter fluid or easy light charcoals, but regular coals can take a while to get started even when using a chimney. But when I use my ElectroLight, it just takes a few minutes and even the biggest pile of coals is ready to use quickly!
- Once the coals are ready, I place my seasoned chicken breasts on the grill directly over the coals.
- Let them sear for a few minutes on both sides.
- Then move your chicken breasts off to the side.
- Place a meat thermometer into the thickest part of a chicken breast without touching the bone.
- Put the lid on the grill, and let them cook until they reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- A few minutes before they reach the proper temperature, use a Silicone Pastry Brush to cover the chicken breasts in homemade BBQ Sauce.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the grill and allow them to sit for 5 minutes before cutting or serving so that the juices can reabsorb back into the meat. This will ensure you have perfectly juicy, tender chicken every time!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: #BBQ, #Freshfood, #Freshvegetable, #Grillgloves, #Healthlyfood, #Healthygood, #Proteinfood, #Summerseason, #winterbbq