BEST GRILL HEAT AID CHICKEN TERIYAKI HEALTHY KID-FRIENDLY RECIPE:
One of our family favorites – a healthy meal that kids love!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- ¼ cup brown sugar, honey, or coconut palm sugar
- ½ cup coconut aminos, soy sauce, or Braggs
- ¼ cup water
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Oil, for pan frying Green onions, optional
- Pound chicken breasts or thighs to 1/4 inch thin by starting in the middle and working out to the edges.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine brown sugar, coconut aminos, water, grated garlic, and ginger.
- Place chicken inside a glass container or large gallon zip bag and transfer sauce into container. Mix chicken and sauce over a few times to combine.
- Marinade chicken for 30 minutes to 2 hours (even overnight for a strong flavor).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Begin to cook chicken, about 3 minutes in each side, and remove from pan.
- Repeat process with remaining chicken if the pan is too small.
- Once the chicken is cooked, pour contents of zip bag into the pan.
- Bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Bring chicken back into the pan, toss to combine into sauce, and turn off heat.
- Serve over steamed rice or cauliflower rice and garnish with green onions, optional.