News — Jackfruit
Posted by John Bloomfield on
Health Benefits of Jackfruit Suggested by Grill Heat Aid
Jackfruit is a healthful source of vitamin C and other essential nutrients, and research suggests that it may provide a number of health benefits. Jackfruits contains lots of Vitamins, Minerals, and other components. Jackfruit contains vitamins including Folates, Niacin, Pyridoxine, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Vitamin A, vitamin C, Vitamin E. Jackfruit also contains sodium and potassium. Apart from this jackfruit contains minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc Copper, Manganese, Phosphorus and Selenium. It also contains some phytonutrients such as Carotene, Crypto-xanthin, Lutein-zeaxanthin.
One cup of sliced fruit provides the following nutrients:
- Calories: 155
- Carbs: 40 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
- Vitamin A: 10% of the RDI
- Vitamin C: 18% of the RDI
- Riboflavin: 11% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 15% of the RDI
- Potassium: 14% of the RDI
- Copper: 15% of the RDI
- Manganese: 16% of the RDI
The main nutrients and chemical facts of jackfruit that makes it the ideal fruit to look for are as follows:
- Jackfruit is infused with a diverse set of vitamins such as vitamin C and A, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, calcium, potassium (with 303 mg found per 100 g), iron, zinc, sodium, and folic acid.
- It is one of the few trees rich in B-complex group vitamins as well as vitamin B6.
- It contains phytonutrient properties such as anti-cancer, anti-hypertensive, anti-ulcer, and anti-inflammatories.
- It’s a rich source of phytonutrients and phenolics.
- It contains minerals, fiber, protein, and is free of fats and bad cholesterol.
- It is antibacterial and antiviral which is a great support to the immune system.
- It is low in calories .100 g of jackfruit only contains 94 calories.
- 0 comment
- Tags: #BBQ, #Freshfood, #Freshvegetable, #grill gloves, #Grillgloves, #GrillHeatAid, #Healthlyfood, #Healthygood, #Healthytips, #Proteinfood, #Summerseason, #winterbbq, barbecue gloves, bbq smoker accessories, Benefits of Jackfruit, Cooking gloves heat resistant, grill gloves heat resistant, Grill Heat Aid, grilling gloves, Health Benefits, Health Benefits of Jackfruit, Jackfruit